Friday 16 January 2009

OH MY GOD!!!




Good Evening,


Well today has been my most fun,productive and happy day of the year so far.................


This morning i had a request from a gentleman to make him one fairisle tanktop...and was a bit worried....Don't get me wrong i am a hand knitter but have also got a knitting machine and its taken me 2 years to understand it as it hadn't got any instructions with it....but after much research and much begging borrowing and no stealing,i finally managed to get a pair of handbooks and started reading.....


Now i can make garments on my knitting machine quite competently without any problems,,well not silly ones anyway!!!


This evening i made a brilliant discovery......Up in our loft i found a carrier bag that came with the knitting machine that i originally thought was junk.....got the bag down and found hundreds of punchcard patterns that will allow me to make fairisle jumpers and slipovers especially as they are back in vogue according to gok wan!!!!have sold two of these in the space of two weeks and now i can expand what i am doing even more!!!!


My brain is on overdrive at the moment,i am salivating at the promise of the patterns i am going to make tomorrow.....I know,I know,I know that i have got reign in my enthusiasm,but i can't ......I love to create things on my knitting machine,its Sat at the top of my stairs for 3 years and now i finally understand it!!! Its like somebody has unwound my brain,re-wired it and now i understand every intricacy of the knitting and patterning process and now i can't wait!!!


Don't get me wrong hand knitting is and always will be my first love,but machine knitting is coming a close second at the moment........

these are the first two items i have ever made on my knitting machine,and now i am going to go completely mad and make as many as i can whilst the trend is going,but tomorrow i am going to make one for a girl in several shades of pink and see where we go from here....i know that slipovers look great with jeans and a roll sleeved shirt for a bloke and with a pair of jeans a white t-shirt and a neckerchief and cap for a girl....but i want to find that one thing that will help me make some real money...i am sick of being an amateur at this and would love to make enough money to pay for the work on my car to be done,,,,the mot is due in 5 months and would love to NOT have to worry about money all the time.....but i guess i am in the same boat as everybody else at the moment....i don't have many skills but i can knit,crochet,sew and design clothing,so i guess thats a start.........

So i can't wait for tomorrow to come,when the shopping is done,and the kids have all disapeared off to their mates and my partner is having a rest and i can go to the top of the stairs and get my machine out and put my brain to work......................All i can say is;- ROLL ON TOMORROW!!!!

time for me to go have got a pair of gloves to finish and stitch together,

bye!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great pair of vests! Very nice. Congratulations on getting on so well with your machine.

    ReplyDelete