Sunday 1 February 2009

Blimey!!!

Morning,
Its february the 1st and although we have a few flurries of snow,for me,its not enough,,,i wanted a load of snow so that we could get it over and done with,but no,the sun's shinig and i am depressed,very depressed.
Things have been a bit mental for the rest of this week....Thursday my hubs says"We are out of wood and coal,so we'd better go and get some...."which means i would be spending the rest of the afternoon humping wood about hurting my back again.......i spent the rest of the day flat on my back in agony as my hubs spent the rest of the afternoon tutting at me insesantly muttering that he didn't get what all the fuss was about.......
At 3.15 i managed to stand long enough to lurch my way to school to get the little one....but by the time i got home i was in tears...and he just looked at me....The daughter is driving me nuts,sinse she did her foot all she's been going on about is getting out of the house and going to get tom from school....the problem is that by the time she gets up the path from our house she's shattered.....so thats a no-no...
Still things are begginning to brighten up...have managed to finish the fairisle slipover that i had on order...and mail it.I was well pleased with it i followed the measurements to the letter he had asked for a 36-37" chest and standard length....it got there and it didn't fit!!!Turns out he had used his clothing size on the label to guess how big he was instead of actually measuring himself across the chest...and couldn't work out why the garment i had made didn't fit...turns out he wears a lot of cherokee clothes out of asda and had been wearing 36" chest t-shirts and shirts,but hadn't realised that chrokee clothing is a very generous cut.....which put all of my measurements off........But i soon rustled up another and posted it...it fit!!!!As it turned out he was a 38"-39" chest and wanted an extra 3 inches on the bottom.....but it fit!!!I couldn't beleive it......i was well pleased...and i managed to sell another set of hat,scarf and gloves...they'll get posted tomorrow morning....but this afternoon i shall be spending time with my knitting machine,and loving every minute of it!!!!!
Right have got to go and get the pork in the oven.......seeya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment