Monday 2 February 2009

A cold wet day...Lovely!!!




Good Evening,


Well today it has snowed,and snowed,and snowed!!!!


It was a lovley cool evening and then suddenly we had a massive flump of snow.......


We had 2-3" of snow and all that was going through my mind was "LOVELY!!!" It gave me the excuse not to run around like a headless chicken trying to do a million things at once....the college was closed as i couldn't get out of diss,and the High School was closed as well,but the junior school was open..my little one,tomas was devastated...he wanted to have a snow day as well but it just didn't happen bless him!!!


The problem is that he knows that when the schools have a snow day i always have a backup plan to keep the kids occupied,Tom had hoped that we would do some baking and icing and some art up the table...


When i got up this morning and had a look on ,line i laid the table after breakfast with k'nex,lego,technic lego and art supplies...just for the mornings activities.....but by the time the kids had realised that they were going no-where the eldest boy charlie had a fit that he wasn't going to college and then in the same strop insisted that he was going to spend the day with his mates bumming around in diss......So i didn't see him til lunch time....Robyn my daughter decided that today she was going to get on and do her knitting as she didn't really have a lot more she could do as she couldn't get her foot wet....


Today i made a gorgeous victoria sponge with a chocolate icing topping with smarties on top and kip made fantastic sausage rolls,i have been teaching him how to make cakes and buns this week,and i have to say that he is as good if not better than i am at baking....which is a bit of a sickener,but i must give credit where credit is due....


After 12am the son came in and was absolutley perished with cold,soaking wet and blue with cold,,,and instead of a hello all i got was can i have a pot noodle????I agreed and within about 10 minutes he was gone......I didn't even get a good bye...Cheeky little bugger,,he then rang me up and had the cheek to tell me he was cold......well what the hell did he expect???


Any way after about 3.15pm i went and collected my little one tom from school and all he wanted to do was something with me....I know that tom's 11 but he still likes me to collect him from school so that he gets me to himself and so if he's got a problem he can talk to me without the other listening in......


So when he got home he asked me for a pair of knitting needles,went through my stash of wool and picked himself a ball of green,purple and rainbow yarn that was scrap...and sat down,askeing me to cast on 25 stitches and he began...he sat there virtually all evening knitting away,and after 50 rows he asked me to show him how to cast off and that was that,he got hold of my button tin(a massive quality street tin full of buttons....)And picked a gorgeous gold jacket buton and asked me to sew it on......and here's the proof that men and boys do knit and enjoy it!!!!


I sewed the button on and asked him what he wanted to do with it and he bought his beenie elephant downstairs and placed it around his neck...it looked wonderful...I am so filled with pride that another one of my children wants to learn something that interests me and makes me a little money on the side(just enough to pay for christmas)...and he stuck with it from start to finish just to prove that he had done it!!!!so he now has a very well dressed elephant and wants to make himself a scarf to wear to school....don't get me wrong he has scarves that i have made but he wanted to one of his own....


And me???well i have made myself a hat and i have to say that i totally love the way this hat looks....I managed to geta cheap brooch from a charity shop and add to the overall design but i will definitley be making this hat again..in a different colour of course.......but have got to make the gloves next.....
As for my knitting machine odessey Have had a total disaster today,nothing i did was right....so i put the knitting machine away and will save it for another day..........maybe tomorrow will be a better day,,,,my PMT meant that i lost my temper at the drop of a hat today......Still never mind....Tomorrow we have been forcast more snow and even more on thursday coming in from siberia....but we will see,we will see......See ya!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment