Monday 16 February 2009

HALF TERM....HEAVEN OR HELL????




Evening all,



Well its the first day of the half term,and to be honest its a case of so far,so good.



My son has had a bit of a disapointing weekend to be honest,on valentines day his girlie ended it...because she wanted his best mate....and then his best mate didn't want her,and she wanted my son back.....I mean what a troll!!But he does seem to be a lot more brighter after 24 hours...He went to the park yesterday morning(Monday) to meet her,i thought by the way he was talking he wanted her to come back to him.....But instead he told her straight that enough was enough,and he wasn't interested in her anymore.Since when did my son grow up???But i am still having problems with him doing his homework....My son takes the view that because its half-term everything stops because he's not a school.But he's still got his art homework to do,and oh boy! thats an uphill battle...All he's got to do is the front page titled "every picture tells a story "its to do with alice in wonderland and the illustrator John Tenniel,which i personally could get very enthusiastic about,I love art and always have done....Its at times like these i wish i could afford to go back to school and take gcse Art......But funds won't allow....But i guess i will have to do some more research into this.......But under duress my son has finally made a start,it took him one hour to sit and stare at a page and finally draw some lettering yesterday but he only did one or two letters on the page and to be honest i wasn't impressed...Lets put it this way....Its taken him 4 days to pick up a pair of dirty shorts from his bedroom floor,I know i am his mum and should do certain things for them,But if his little brother is capable of cleaning up behind himself,surely a 14 year old boy is as well???Or am i wrong???Its just i don't want my kids growing up not Knowing how to cook and clean up behind themselves...They would have to do it sooner or later so why not now???I mean i do the hoovering and dusting i don't think that it would kill my kids to pick up thier dirty clothes and walk to the bathroom and put it in the dirty wash basket would you????


Still if i knew half of my kids love life i would be bald by now!!!



Now back to the knitting,well have been making lots of kids jumpers this week to put on the web..and i am loving it!!!!!This week i have made the cutest baby pink jumper and a little fairisle jumper to put on e-bay,this week i have been using up all of my odds and ends to make bits and peices.I love the way that the striping works and the little jumper I am particularly proud of.
But i had a huge surprise this week,This year i mostly made christmas presents this year....My sister in law in cambridge is a partiularly discerning lady...I made her a lovely purple striped hat with a pretty flower as decoration,with a pair of gloves and scarf...I was a bit worried that she would be disappointed with what i had done for christmas...But she sent me an e-mail with photo's this week and there she is in every photo wearing the set that i made her for christmas....She even has it on on her office web page pictures...I was very very proud,But it has backfired a bit as she has asked me for another set but in green this time,Mind you have got some gorgeous green silk in my stash at home,have had it for the last few years,and finally have got an aim for this yarn!!!
As for my black tanktop i have got to the stage where i have divided for the arms and am now completing the back so have got to adjust my pattern,and add a little bit more to it.See i am writing the pattern as i am knitting it ,then anybody who wants to try this can do it with me....and at least i know this pattern is correct.and i won't have any mistakes in it.
But what really upsets me is the accusations i have had in the last few weeks which is unfounded.
My elder son seems to be under the impression that i am wasting the housekeeping on buying wool removing food from his mouth,but the truth of the matter is that i use the cash i make on e-bay to re-invest in yarn so that i can really concentrate on a new design concept that i have had in the back of my mind for the last few months....I am hoping that this might be the idea that takes off....but i don't want to say too much about that yet...as an idea kept close is an idea i will keep!!!!
Today my eldest son has finally bitten the bullet and finished the lettering on his title page,and started to add colour,but it has still taken him the best part of anhour to do this.....At the moment it seems that in order to get him to do his home work it seems to go one of two ways....I either have to threaten him with a grounding and carry it out in order to get hime to any important coursework...For instance i had to ground him for 2 weeks just to get him to sit down for an hour every night just to do his firework and romeo and juliet coursework for english....and because it was majorly important i had to do it this way as he had already dug in his heels and told me straight that he had already done it....His english teacher,who i am in regular contact (bless her!!!) had seen neither hide no hair of any of this work....basically charlie had lied about doing this work,but because i had gone to the horses mouth(excuse the phrase!) I knew better.....But this is by the by, because it is done and handed in,but mind you we had to e-mail the homework and course work to his teacher so that it got there in time...She was very happy to accept his work this way because it means that i have a copy and so does she....My son cannot get his head around that i do save every e-mail i get from his teachers so that i can show them to him....he always blushes when i show him the e-mails because he knows he's been rumbled!!!
The only other way i can get him to do his work is to try and bribe him in a way,by letting him have an hour on his beb0 for an hour everyday....But that doesn't always work....Unless he's got a girlie in tow....and then it works like a charm!!!!
But because he hasn't got a girlie in tow i have had to say that i wanted an hour of art from him everyday and when this is completed he can then go out and have the rest of the day with his mates....That i don't have any objections but,unfortunatley he does,he just thinks that i am getting on to him for fun....But i want him to do and be the best he can ,He's got the most fantastic brain i have ever encountered,he just refuses to use it!!!
This week My son has got Work experience at Bressingham engineering,he's going to work from 8 - 4 on thursday and friday,it was organised by the college he attends,and i am hoping it will be a real eye opener for him!!!!
gotta go for the minute
bye!!!
Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment